Medical Affairs Advisor
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Medical Affairs Advisor for their office in the UK. This historic company, which has been established for well over a century, prides itself on its work across multiple therapy areas, including cardiovascular, neurology, and immunology. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious pharmaceutical establishments in the world.
- Supporting other departments including Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Medical Information, Health & Value, Corporate Affairs, Customer Operations, Medical Quality and Oversight, Global Medical Affairs, and Clinical Development Responsibilities.
- Providing specialist medical and scientific advice to the nominated internal teams to support the appropriate use of RD medicine through the Early Access to Medicines Scheme.
- Providing medical & scientific support to healthcare professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between the company and the healthcare community in the UK
- Liaising with healthcare professionals to support the effective communication and management of drug safety issues
- Building and developing enduring peer-to-peer relationships with leading healthcare professionals and specialists, including non-traditional customers and key decision makers in the countries within the cluster.
- Understanding customer insights around current standard of care and supporting their knowledge of the value of the company medicines.
- Generation and publishing data.
- Acquiring and maintaining in-depth scientific knowledge of medicines.
- Delivering the medical plan in relation to medical projects, and support company-sponsored clinical research for RD medicines.
- Delivering other key medical and scientific activities within the medical plan, e.g. generating real world evidence, non-interventional studies, and database studies, and ensuring the timely publication of data Support for PCH clinical development/research/innovation.
- Providing medical/scientific input into protocol feasibility assessments for RD clinical trial proposals.
- Supporting the identification of appropriate investigators/sites for company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Work together and collaborating clinical development colleagues to drive the timely completion of company-sponsored clinical trials/research.
- Providing input into the company Global Clinical Development team to ensure design and selection of trials relevant to UK needs, leveraging customers, and patient insights.
- Providing high-quality, accurate, balanced, and specific information to customers in response to unsolicited requests for information
- Providing scientific insight and support to field- and head office based commercial colleagues for countries within the cluster.
- Working with the cross-functional team to develop impactful and compliant promotional and non-promotional materials of value to customers for countries across the cluster.
- Reviewing (and certifying where applicable) promotional and non-promotional materials and activities within the scope of the consumer health promotional compliance codes in countries within the cluster.
- Ensuring customer intelligence is brought into the organisation to generate customer insights, shape future strategy, and leverage business opportunities.
- Managing local advisory boards to gain customer insights for countries within the cluster.
- Presenting the scientific perspective on selected topics during media briefings.
- Supporting Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL, and labeling.
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical, Pharmacy, or Science Degree.
- For medical applicants, GMC registration with a License to Practice is preferred. Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example, if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service.
- For pharmacy applicants, UK registration is preferred. Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example, if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service.
- For scientists, a postgraduate science degree (eg PhD, MSc) is preferred.
- Scientists without a postgraduate degree may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or significant experience within a related specialty (e.g. clinical research, medicines regulation, or health technology assessment).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ben Rashbrook at +44 203 854 1079 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
A leading medical device company is advertising a vacancy for an International Field Application Specialist, based in their office in Frankfurt.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Medical Advisor.
£0.00 - £97000.00 per annum
A leading biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting for a UK Medical Therapeutic Area Lead, Rare Diseases & Neurology.
£0.00 - £97000.00 per annum
A leading biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting for a UK Medical Area Lead, Oncology.
A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for a Medical Advisor, Oncology to join their team in the UK.
€0.00 - €100000.00 per annum
München (81249), Germany
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Medical Advisor Oncology.