Proclinical is seeking a Materials Coordinator for a leading laboratory located in Rochester, NY.
This individual will perform the daily operations of the Clinical Trials Specimen Management (CTSM) team according to company policies and procedures.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Understands and follows company policies and safety procedures to prevent the risk of blood and bodily fluid exposure.
- Distributes specimens to appropriate department for prompt analysis as needed.
- Guarantee client satisfaction by providing exceptional service to internal customers
- Open shipping packages and remove airway bill from package.
- Open shipper and place all items from shipper.
- Enter receipt information.
- Sorts specimen to appropriate area as necessary
- Completes monthly rotation of clearing build up ice from Freezers
- Work with samples under varying temperature conditions including ultra-cold (-80°C) and liquid nitrogen (-196°C)
- Prints referral manifests and packs specimens to deliver to reference laboratories.
- Perform housekeeping as required to maintain a clean and tidy working environment; including frozen storage unit maintenance and emptying waste ice receptacles
- Sweeps floors as directed by supervision
- Performs and documents daily maintenance and monitoring functions, as required. (i.e.: specimen rotation, temperature documentation, pending list,)
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Food and Drug Administration, New York State Department of Health, Good Clinical Practice, International Air Transport Association and other pertinent regulations; is knowledgeable about U.S. and foreign shipping requirements and uses this knowledge appropriately when shipping and consulting with department personnel regarding specimen shipments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in, Biomedical Sciences or related.
- General proficiency with email and basic computer programs
- Strong Data Entry skills.
- Able to stand for 3-4 hours while working
- Lift packages of 50 pounds
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jay Bastien at +(1) 857-254-1065 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.