Manager - Molecular Technology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Manger of Molecular Technology with a global research company located in Spring House, PA. As the Manager of Molecular Technology, you will manage and is accountable for all operations of the Molecular Diagnostics department.
- Oversee and is accountable for the daily activities of the laboratory staff.
- Hire, monitor, train, and supervise staff to ensure compliance with corporate policies, department policies and procedures, current guidelines for Good Clinical Practices, any state, federal or national regulations and any other legislation or regulation that is relevant.
- Prepare departmental budget in conjunction with operations management, research and make recommendations for new capital equipment, and contracts for reagents and instrumentation.
- Monitor budget performance, prepare variance analysis and take corrective action to ensure adherence to budget.
- Oversee staff in the development and evaluation of new products and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Oversee Quality Control and proficiency testing processes.
- Provide oversight of monitoring, and analysis of departmental QA indicators. Initiate plan of corrective action if needed. Communicate QA outcomes to appropriate individuals and departments.
- Participate in client and regulatory/compliance audits
- In conjunction with the Lab Director and General Manger, identify new areas of corporate growth.
- Review, interpret and monitor compliance with pertinent regulations/standards (CAP/CLIA/FDA/GCP/GLP). Interact with regulatory agencies as needed. Review departmental policies and procedure manuals to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Provide continuing education and training opportunities to laboratory staff, other corporate personnel, and external customers.
- Oversee and ensure completion of competency assessments.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors' Degree in Life Sciences or Medical Technology t and 6 years of experience in a Molecular laboratory required
- OR Masters Degree and 4 years of experience in a Molecular laboratory required
- OR PhD and 2 years of experience in a Molecular laboratory required
- Comprehensive understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) preferred
- Good Laboratory Practice/Good Clinical Practice experience is strongly preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mary Jacobs at (+1) 267-297-3376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.