Lead Scientist ASMS - Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry
Proclinical are recruiting for a Lead Scientist ASMS - Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry to join a CRO. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Nottingham.
- Guide establishment of ASMS technology within the business.
- Be included in business-connected actions, for example: quote generation, BD/marketing material, promoting Company capabilities at conferences, meetings etc.
- You will develop and preserve consciousness of, and partake in, project method, etc.
- Recognise and drive new prospects in ASMS utilisation and ability to develop, which involves reviewing innovative techniques and tools.
- The ideal candidate will design and implement personal experiments independently to quality, running work streams in parallel as suitable in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level in an analytical chemistry or similar field.
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry-based, screening small molecule libraries in biotech or pharmaceutical industrial settings.
- Knowledge in the design, development, validation, and implementation of ASMS/MS characterisation of ligand-target interactions and quantitative data analysis.
- Acquaintance with ASMS technology.
- Capable of implementing liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for recognition of innovative ligand-target interactions pertinent to small molecule drug discovery campaigns.
- Able to utilise multiple assay platforms along with MS-based small molecule affinity screens.
- Prior involvement with both two-dimensional liquid chromatography and size exclusion chromatography.
- A background in implementing scientific strategy to resolve issues and troubleshoot LC and MS technical problems.
- Comprehension of the principles for hit recognition and validation.
- Comprehension of data analysis principles as applied to large data sets and acquaintance with data analysis software packages with particular focus on small molecule MS analysis.
- Abilities in data organisation and downstream reporting of MS data to other disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, etc.
- Presentation and communication skills both verbally and inwriting.
- Works well with others in a team.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Hume at +44 208 167 5468.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.