Lead Data Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lead Scientist with a leading biotechnology company located in London. This exciting role will give the talented data scientist the opportunity to translate their data-driven developments and ideas into a product that has the potential to revolutionise our approach to cancer care.
- Development of the company's data infrastructure, in collaboration with our CTO/software engineer and bioinformatician
- Lead the development of our digital health product to predict effective drug combinations based on a tumour's genetic profile, through the development of a machine learning algorithm that integrates multiple data sources (clinical phenotypes, genomics, drug screening results, pharmacology, patient outcomes data)
- Liaise with our team of scientists to establish input data requirements and to experimentally validate performance of the predictive algorithm
- Prepare documentation and performance data to seek regulatory approval for our digital health product.
- Advise the laboratory scientist team on the statistical design of experiments and analysis.
Skills and Requirements
- PhD or Master degree in computational biology, computer science, statistics, engineering or a related quantitative science field
- Strong coding experience in R and/or Python
- Proficiency in using modern machine learning methods, pattern recognition and biostatistics
- Experience in producing and or working with large datasets
- Ability to quickly learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies
- Experience of working with genetics/genomics data and pharmacology data
- Strong interest in pharmacology, oncology or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Cappell on 02039671074 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.