Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lead Bioinformatician with a global biotechnology company located in Princeton, NJ. As the Lead Bioinformatician, you will independently apply established analytic algorithms/pipelines to genomics and proteomics data and provide data management for various types of high density clinical and non-clinical data.
- Work with various CROs to map data flow for each data type including but not limited to NGS, proteomics, flow cytometry, IHC, wearables.
- Work with internal colleagues to map data flow from internal equipment into the relevant and appropriate data repositories.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable and automated data processing pipelines.
- Responsible for collecting relevant internal or CRO QA/QC data to enable real-time or retrospective analytics to inform inconsistencies or anomalies that could be used to improve best practices for sample acquisition or data generation.
- Work with internal and external parties in project- and expert-teams.
- Work with information technology teams or vendors to provide individualized access permissions to data.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and vendors regarding data requirements and expectations.
- Enable the flow and integration of disparate data sets from single or federated databases into user friendly interfaces and viewers.
- Make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage related to data flow, especially as it relates to cloud.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, computer engineering, or related field.
- Experience with Perl, Java, Python, R as well as in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Must know how to deal with/process large datasets (e.g. DNAseq, RNAseq, Mass Spec, Flow Cytometry, clinical trials, Biomarkers).
- Experience with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP working with tools and databases such as blast, COSMIC or ENSEMBL.
- Experience with cloud storage and computing (AWS S3, etc…)
- Experience is using high density omics-type public datasets.
- Have a 'getting things done' mentality, you are pro-active, enthusiastic and goal orientated.
- You have excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.