Laboratory Technician, Virology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician of Virology for a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform assays according to testing records and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Under direct supervision, completes test methods and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records.
- Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleague's daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
- Maintaining equipment's cleaning logs.
- Maintain, passaging and seeding cells.
- Train on departmental assays such as in vitro and detection assays.
- Work on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Biological Sciences or other science related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE.
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels.
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach.
- Clarity of Vision.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maya Smith at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.