Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Performs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
- Performs laboratory support functions (e.g. materials stocking function) to help ensure lab is operational and contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices.
- Performs basic Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) revisions and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
- Completes recording of data in instrument logbooks and lab cleaning forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Provides operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance.
- Supports technical transfer of assays from client to Technical Development to Operations; supports additional research level testing activities.
- Works on routine testing assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Works under close supervision from supervisor and/or Technical Reviewer
- May work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature, where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting manufacturing efforts. Examples include Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or Batch Record revision or generalized trouble shooting of equipment.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Provides operational support for Molecular Biology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and our Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids.
- 1-2 years of industry experience
- Experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to wear appropriate clean room attire (i.e. surgical masks) and all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Works in production environment with exposure to latex and bleach. Potential exposure to noise and equipment hazards (i.e. vacuum pumps, pressurized vessels), dangerous materials (i.e. chemicals, solvents, pathogens), freezer burns, allergens and strong odors.
- Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company's Occupational Health Program.
- Proficient in Verbal & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.