Laboratory Operations Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Operations Manager for a leading medical device company located in Boston, MA. As the Laboratory Operation Manager, you will maintain and improve upon processes within the lab to increase efficiency including: lab consumables management, chemical management, reagents management, and protocols for equipment
- Maintenance coordination and tracking of all lab equipment (calibrations, preventative maintenance, repairs and replacements, service contracts, new equipment purchases, space optimization)
- Maintain lab safety standards by frequent education, refreshers, and walk throughs, and maintain an internal Safety Committee, working closely with partnered safety consultants
- Business continuity planning in the form of emergency protocols and procedures
- Orient new scientists to the lab space and various lab processes
- Implementation of environmental sustainability best practices
- Create and manage standing purchase orders for centralized lab consumables and reagents
- Work closely with Facilities Manager to make adjustments to building utilities and lab and office processes as needed
- Coordinate lab and office move planning and execution
- Establish and maintain process for mycoplasma testing/SNP typing for all departments that use cell lines
- Coordinate lab notebook system
- Conduct regular lab and office space cleanouts
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S./M.S. in chemistry, biology, or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Industry background highly preferred
- Previous lab management experience
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mary Jacobs at (+1) 267-297-3376 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.