International Medical Lead - Alzheimer's Disease
MEDICAL LEAD, Alzheimer's Disease (AD)
EU15 & International Partner Markets (EU15&IPM)
The EU15&IPM Medical Lead, Alzheimer's Disease is an important member of the Alzheimer's Disease Medical Organization and will drive the Medical strategy development and execution for the region for Alzheimer's Disease. In line with the worldwide medical strategy, this individual will ensure the EU15&IPM medical organization is best positioned to drive and execute on the medical launch readiness plans. This is a critical role aligned with the companies mission to be the leader in neuroscience.
Providing Strategic Leadership and Ensuring Alignment & Optimal Execution (60%)
- Accountable To : EU15&IPM Medical Lead, AD Medical Local Leads & other global and/or cross-functional partners in the Alzheimer's disease Team
- Build the overarching EU15&IPM medical strategy/plan and work closely with the affiliate AD Medical Leads to ensure alignment and execution of the assigned targets in the AD plans. Ensure that the EU15&IPM AD Medical strategy is consistent with the ECP&global medical and overall corporate strategy.
- Responsible to provide input into regional & global medical strategy for AD leveraging local insights that help prepare the anticipated introduction of new medicines, working cross-functionally with key internal partner functions to address the medical need in EU15&IPM
- Work closely with the ECP Medical Strategy & Execution Lead to set and incorporate the ECP strategy into the AD EU15&IPM medical plans
- Coordinates and ensures alignment of affiliate AD medical plans with EU15&IPM medical plans by partnering with the affiliate leadership teams across functions to define, establish and execute a coherent local strategic plan that addresses patient needs
- Maximize EU15&IPM contribution to the Global Therapeutic Area Strategic & Execution Engines (SEEs) and ensures knowledge sharing and alignment, whether brand specific, cross-brand or phasing of project across teams.
- Partner and collaborate with global, regional and local market access to define, establish and execute a coherent local strategic plan that addresses local external stakeholders (payers, HCPs, agencies) needs.
- Collaborate with Governmental and Cooperate Affairs team to develop and implement a communication strategy for EU15&IPM
- Collaborate with Global Clinical Operations and CCL on early phase trials in the AD pipeline, phase III, and later phase IV activities (including site and PI lead selection) for EU15&IPM
EU15&IPM Medical AD Trust & Communication Partner (30%)
Accountable To: EU15&IPM Medical Lead, AD Medical Local Leads & other global and/or cross-functional partners in the Alzheimer's Disease Team
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and manage an external key medical expert network to ensure relevant and appropriate integration of accruing external medical expertise for EU15&IPM, ECP and Global.
- Collaborate with the ECP Medical Strategy & Execution Lead to build an ECP integrated Medical Communication Plan for Alzheimer's Disease
- Partner and collaborate with Global Medical to build high value-added continuous medical educational programs in AD for external stakeholders
- Manage information flow and ensure appropriate communication cascade among the ECP, EU15&IPM and related affiliate medical and cross-functional organization
- Collaborate intensively with the ECP AD Medical Organization and coordinate communication and alignment with affiliate AD Medical teams to identify opportunities and challenges and support the teams in addressing them. Coordinate with other groups as necessary
- Represent EU15&IPM AD Medical Organization in regional/global AD forums, meetings, events or any instances as necessary and as appropriate
- 8-10 years related experience
- Medical launch readiness experience
- Must have strong leadership skills and acquired knowledge and skills/competencies to the degree expected at job level
- Experience in cross-functional teams without direct line authority and ability to lead and influence in the matrix
- Scientific background and a strong understanding of best in class operation organizations
- Regional/Global experience in medical affairs organizations preferred
- Experience in neurodegenerative diseases and/or Alzheimer's disease preferred
- MD, PhD degree
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Russell at 0203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.