In Vitro Associate Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an In Vitro Associate Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cranbury, NJ. Plans and carries out in vivo experiments and associated research assignments in rodents. Maintains the vivarium, labs, and program to AAALAC standards. Operates lab equipment including oxidizers, centrifuges, LS counters, and cage/tunnel washers.
- Under regular close supervision, performs routine in vivo experimental functions in rodents, which may include: in life observations, dose administrations, sample collections, sample analysis, necropsy, and euthanasia procedures.
- Trains on various techniques to become proficient in in vivo techniques.
- Performs husbandry tasks including observations, cage change outs, daily cleaning, and operating the cage washer.
- Assists with routine vivarium facility environmental monitoring (RODAC, pest control, lighting checks, etc.)
- Performs laboratory waste management duties.
- Escorts service engineers to the appropriate work area or instrumentation and assist with troubleshooting the event.
- Participates in supply inventory and helps in ordering specific supplies (JDE system).
- Under limited supervision, individual performs routine laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within the expected timeframe.
- Understands the study and method, troubleshoots unexpected results.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Performs routine calculations; tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Prepares accurate data summary with minimal supervision.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Learns and enhances technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
- Is proficient in sample processing and sample analysis.
- Follows company's safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in animal science, biology, or a related discipline & 0-3 years of relevant experience in animal research or related field, or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in animal science, biology, or a related discipline & >6 years related experience or equivalent education, experience, and training.
- Any similar combination of education and experience or work equivalent experience.
- Has a basic understanding of scientific discipline
- Ability to perform preliminary lab work with supervision after training
- Ability to follow instructions to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within drug discovery and development R&D laboratory settings
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a laboratory/office environment with laboratory noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/Biohazards/ Chemicals
- Ability to Lift 50 lbs frequently
- Clarity of vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to climb ladders /stairs
- Ability to work in variable temperatures warm to freezing
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.