Husbandry Laboratory Technician
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical is seeking a Husbandry Laboratory Technician for a cutting-edge biotech company located in Cambridge, MA.
The qualified candidate is responsible for providing appropriate daily husbandry & care to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all regulations and operational maintenance of the vivarium. An understanding and comprehension of SOPs, techniques, nomenclature etc. are expected as they relate specifically to job performance. This position requires rotating weekend and holiday coverage.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Performs scheduled husbandry, appropriate clinical observations, basic veterinary care/treatment and cage wash functions.
- Document facility records accordingly and provide maintenance/procurement of animals and facility supplies.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements as outlined in the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals is part of the position's responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- Effective communication skills that ensure close cooperation with laboratory personnel are required. (Written and verbal)
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Candidate must have a strong commitment for providing humane, consistent, and quality daily husbandry and responsible care to animals housed within the vivarium.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work within a team-based system.
- Exhibits a strong sense of personal accountability and is highly organized/detail oriented.
- Committed to professional development and continuous learning.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time while performing repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move heavy objects.
- Availability and willingness to work weekends/holidays on a rotating schedule.
- ALAT AALAS Technician Certification preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of industry regulations preferred but not required.
- GED/HS diploma required; 2- or 4-year college degree in related field preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jillian Gnap at +(1) 215-660-3121 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.