Head of Point-of-Care Diagnostics
We are excited to announce a vacancy for the Head of Point-of-Care, specialising in Diagnostics. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a collaborative organisation in Cambridge and help achieve the wider goal in improving medicine.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Point-of-Care (PoC) Communicate a clear and inspirational strategic vision based on a long-term view of the capability.
- You will implement a strategy to embed point-of-care diagnostic approaches into clinical trials, to maximise opportunities for regulatory submission and commercialisation
- Act as key subject matter expert on emerging PoC scientific and regulatory trends in the light of project demand, competitor knowledge, scientific understanding and regulatory environment.
- You'll attract, recruit, and retain top talent and scientific expertise. Lead performance management and professional development of group members through coaching, mentoring, and motivating.
- Drive processes for analytical validation and delivery of validated PoC Diagnostics tests for use in clinical trials, regulatory submission and commercialisation according to international regulatory standards.
- You will work collaboratively with the Precision Medicine function and other stakeholders to provide PoC solutions, working across boundaries and courageously addresses issues which may inhibit effective collaboration.
- Deliver ethical and compliant management of Budget, Safety, Health and Environment within the group and on behalf of the function as required.
Skills and Requirements
- PhD or equivalent experience in relevant subject with peer reviewed publications in high quality journals (Impact Factor >5).
- Proven experience in leading PoC development to achieve successful regulatory approval.
- Direct experience of regulatory interactions or preparation of regulatory datasets.
- Broad knowledge across our core therapy areas of Oncology, Cardiovascular Renal & Metabolism (CVRM) and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA).
- Proven record of leading successful teams and functions globally.
- Able to act as a representative for the function interacting effectively with key stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Experience of delivering and working to good clinical practice (GCP) and other regulatory standards (CAP/CLIA & Quality Standard Regulation) across the major markets.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Cappell on 02039671074 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.