Head of Microbial Expression Engineering
Proclinical are partnering with a biotechnology organisation who are currently looking for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis. The opening position is for a Head of Microbial Expression Engineering.
- Implement general division methods, developing the people as well as guaranteeing an inspiring and motivating working setting focusing on individual empowerment.
- Collaborate with the team to constantly improve the expression workflows, strains and procedures as well as assure execution of new technologies securing world-class competences.
- Guide a team of highly experience scientists and technicians, who work enthusiastically on advancing the company's formed projects and on producing innovative project and technology concepts.
- Daily cooperation with the sister divisions to deliver on shared accountabilities.
- Execute divisional and area methods, which involves digitalisation and automation.
- Work alongside cross-functional teams to guarantee delivery of solutions to projects in a timely manner.
- Guarantee seamless transition of expression systems in line with sister divisions and CMC peers.
- Manage budget and resource planning for the division.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in a leadership role with an evident commitment to producing winning teams focusing on constant people development.
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a biochemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular genetics or a similar field with demonstrable industrial experience developing and implementing protein and peptide expression systems.
- Expertise on molecular biology, automation, methods, analytics and systems.
- A proactive individual with a visible leadership style with the capacity to set clear direction within a multifaceted setting.
- Capable of forming a trust-based, curiosity-driven novel culture, while driving business methods focusing on fit-for-purpose deliverables.
- Familiarity working within cross-functional teams and handling shareholders at various levels.
- Works well in a team.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Respected and known for personal and proactive engagement, drive, independent, personal integrity and positive mindset.
- Thrives in a fast-paced working setting.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Hume at +44 208 167 5468.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.