Head of Market Access & External Engagement
A biopharmaceutical company that is committed to the discovery of life-changing treatments is in search a Head of Market Access and External Engagement in London. You will be part of a team developing a high performing Market Access & External Engagement team, which also includes patient engagement and communications activities
- Work with the HTA Head and Value leads to ensure effective vision, strategy and management of our HTA submissions and approval process to ensure optimised national access to our key products.
- Lead the development of ambitious strategies for each NICE, SMC and NCPE submission and direct the work of the HTA Head and their team to ensure effective delivery and execution
- Work to influence the development and implementation of NICE guidance to support uptake of our promoted brands within the NHS
- Obtain effective pricing approval from UK and Ireland HTA bodies, owning pricing strategy for key promoted brands
- Drive and encourage innovation in our approach to market access
- Define and lead the External Engagement long-term strategy for BII, in association with senior Research leaders, BII Area Head and commercial leadership teams, as well as colleagues at EU level, market access and medical affairs
- Ensure strong, collaborative relationships and a network of contacts within the relevant government departments and political structures.
- Lead and manage significant crisis management topics, and support communications lead to mitigate threats to company reputation
- Act as an expert on both Market Access and External Engagement topics within the BII leadership team and with other senior leaders.
- As needed, brief the Chief Executive and Executive Committee members on significant UK issues and act in place of the Area Head at critical internal and external meetings (Office for Life Sciences, Brexit impact…)
- Establish robust tracking and progress measures to coordinate and communicate the achievement against key market access and external engagement objectives within the BII and Europe
- Be an active member of the BII Leadership Team and collaborate on global initiatives as required
Skills and Requirements
- Strong experience at senior level in the pharmaceutical industry
- A sound track record in market access
- Business acumen and solid understanding of the scientific background of our therapeutic solutions built on experiences from past roles
- Excellent knowledge of the local healthcare system
- Good discipline in planning and execution of projects to time
- Strong interpersonal skills, capacity to build a personal network of relationship internally & externally
- Initiative, self-starting attitude, open minded personality
- Strong communicator (Verbal and in writing)
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.