Hardware Lead - Mechanical
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Hardware Lead with a medical device company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will drive the design, analysis, prototyping of new concepts to prove out designs and scaling those concepts in volume manufacturing.
- Lead new, robust mechanical architecture development as well as improvise on existing designs.
- Explore, analyze, design and develop, prototype and validate complex, small form factor, precision mechanical systems for use in the digital health market worldwide.
- Communicate and make material contributions in highly collaborative cross functional environment with domain experts from material sciences, industrial design, advance automation, reliability, tool design and fabrication, injection molding, precision machining and others.
- Build projected timelines and budgets for the development of mechanical systems and manage the program to the projected schedule and budget.
- Construct a disciplined approach to creating engineered solutions for mechanical systems capable of scaling to high volume mass production.
- Drive solutions for mechanical related issues through development of an eco-system of suppliers and manufacturing partners based both in China and globally.
- Provide support throughout the reliability and quality control validation process.
- Drive design decisions with key stakeholders when working through the product integration challenges and actively communicate among teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in designing precision, reliable and high-quality mechanical systems in consumer facing industry.
- Ability to lead architecture efforts including balancing challenging requirements while demonstrate creative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly familiar with DFx (Manufacturing, test, assembly) competencies and experience working with local and global suppliers and contract manufacturer.
- Expert in tolerance analysis and its statistical application (SPC, Cp, CpK).
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD systems, ProE/Creo preferred.
- Experience in all current manufacturing processes; Injection Molding, Sheet metal, Extrusion, machining, etc.
- Bilingual in mandarin and English is a plus.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.