Grants Manager A/B
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Grants Manager - Contract to Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical is seeking a Grants Manager A/B to join an innovative medical program. This is a contract to permanent role located in Philadelphia, PA.
The Grants Manager B will be responsible for the overall financial management of the Department of Dermatology's research portfolio. The individual will manage proposal development, budget development and related pre-award activities for a diverse sponsor portfolio.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of grant and contract administration/accounting/ business administration experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Business Objects.
- Experience in financial and research administration accounting systems preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
The Grants Manager will:
- Oversee post-award grants management activities on complicated grants including but not limited to program projects, training grants, and large multi-site studies.
- Responsible for sponsor invoicing
- Ensure Principle Investigators (PIs) are adhering to budgets and sponsor regulations
- Oversee account generation, monitor expenditures and execute account closeout
- Maintenance of salary allocations
- Oversee pre-award grants management activities
- Prepare and coordinate grant proposals to various sponsors, including the NIH on large program grants and clinical trials.
- Generate budgets for PIs based on the proposal guidelines and needs of the PI
- Remain current in NIH guidelines and grant opportunities and educate the PIs regularly.
- Coordinate activities between external contractors, sub-contractors and other associates to ensure agreements are executed properly.
- Manage the submission of MTAs for the Department.
- Manage and prepare financial analyses for the following areas.
- Sponsored Programs
- Tech transfer
- Endowments, Gifts, URF and SOM Designated funds
- All other accounts with financial review and variance analysis
- Supervise Grants Coordinator.
- Ensure that all grant activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- This includes the development and implementation of training opportunities for skill development that promote research professional staff career advancement.
- Oversee administrative tasks surrounding the Center for Clinical Sciences in Dermatology
- Assist in preparing the Budget including Sponsored Programs, Gifts, Endowments, SOM designated funds and tech transfer.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- The Grants Manager will provide research administrative and financial management support to the Department of Dermatology with limited direction that includes participating in specific projects such as the annual budget submission.
- The individual will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the department's Center for Clinical Sciences in Dermatology.
- Post-award responsibilities include the analysis of financial data for the investigators, ad-hoc reporting for senior departmental leadership, will ensure efficient, accurate and timely grant closeouts, monitor grant expenditures for compliance and recommend/implement corrective actions as needed.
- This person will also provide leadership, supervision, training and professional development support for one or more direct reports.
- Management duties will include staff assignments and workload balancing, professional development and performance review/evaluation of team members, recommendations regarding compensation and compliance with organization and Departmental HR policies.
- The Grants Manager will report to the department's Associate Director of Research; will act as a liaison to the Perelman School of Medicine administration and Research Services; and will have a dotted reporting relationship to the PSOM Office of Research Support Services.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at (+1) 267-297-3257 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.