Global Publications Lead (Associate Director Level)
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Global Publications Lead of Medical Affairs with a global biotechnology company located in Los Angeles, CA. Successful candidate will partner with internal and external subject matter experts and investigators to lead the publication strategy for key publication tactics including congress abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Achieve subject matter expertise in Cell Therapy to lead cross-functional, Global Publication Planning Team (GPPT) strategy in alignment with early- and late-stage subject matter experts, Product and Portfolio Management teams, and alliance partners to publish high-impact scientific and medical data.
- Prioritize, execute, review, and edit key GPPT tactics consisting of statistical analysis plans, congress abstracts and presentations, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Coordinate medical writing with internal and external medical writers to ensure timely delivery and submission of publications.
- Establish and maintain effective intellectual partnerships with scientific and medical Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare professionals (HCPs) with travel to scientific conferences as needed.
- Guide and oversee medical writers, editors, project managers, publication vendors and draft budgets.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific and medical insights to internal and external stakeholders, including leading the annual GPPT Summit, leading Data Review Meetings and Scientific and Medical Communication trainings, developing content for scientific Advisory Boards, Investigator Meetings, and Scientific Exchange/Gap Analysis events.
Skills and Requirements:
- Terminal degree in pharmacy, medicine, or life science (Pharm D, MD, PhD).
- 5+ years of experience in industry (e.g., biotech/pharmaceutical, Contract Research Organization, Medical Communications or consulting agency) or academic research, including 2+ years in hematology/oncology and/or cell therapy.
- Experience in Medical Affairs required, either in industry, or at a communications/consulting agency.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management (internal and external).
- Ability to write/edit scientific manuscripts, posters and abstracts with a medically strategic mindset.
- Ability to create and edit basic medical illustrations is preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Translational Research, Research, Legal, Intellectual Property, Biometrics, and Regulatory functions; pre- and post-launch experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead and work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions.
- Expert knowledge of and compliance with compliance with all relevant guidelines, laws, industry standard best practices, and corporate policies.
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines with key stakeholders.
- Clinical experience in hematology/oncology and/or immuno-oncology or related therapeutic area preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.