Global Medical Lead Rare Immunology
An internationally leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Global Medical Lead Rare Immunology to their office in Switzerland. Specialising in multiple therapy areas, the company boasts a superb pipeline with products that include treatments for diabetes, cancer and asthma. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company that operates in over 90 countries across the globe.
- Working with the Global Medical Unit Head (GMUH), Immunology IG to execute multi-year global medical strategy for the specified Product/Disease/Development areas, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (Clinical, Regulatory, GOR/E, Global Drug Safety, Compliance).
- Working with the GMUH Immunology IG on the development and in-year implementation of the global medical plan and/or support in-year plan definition and implementation by the Regional Medical Affairs functions.
- Driving global execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy.
- Serving as Global Medical representative on relevant standing and project-based cross-functional teams (e.g. GPT, GPT-associated project teams and sub-teams).
- Providing medical reviews to Global promotional and non-promotional materials.
- Acting as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities.
- Establishing appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest.
- Working with the GMUH and Global Medical Team (GMT) to execute medical prelaunch and early access strategy, including e.g. publications strategy, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy, and the scientific communication platform for the disease area, aligned with overall product strategy.
- Supporting the execution of the in-year medical tactical plan for global initiatives.
- Supporting functional (e.g. publications, medical communications, medical training) and relevant R&D teams in developing plans supporting global medical prelaunch strategy.
- Collaborating with commercial to ensure aligned and medically appropriate commercial strategy, planning and execution.
- Supporting design and execution of medical affairs clinical studies (phase IV, disease registries, epidemiological studies, outcomes surveys, collaborative studies, etc.) in collaboration with Therapeutic Area Clinical Development head and Global Clinical Operations.
- Serving as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams when needed. Is a core member of the Global Project Teams for the In-line IG assets, represents the Medical function in selected GPT project and sub-teams.
- Act as a company representative with external scientific leaders, policymakers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities.
- Per medical strategy, establishing and/or enhancing partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders.
- Per medical strategy, establishing appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest.
- Serving as a key medical resource on the disease area and on specific programmes.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise on the disease area.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Shire policies related to all medical activities.
- Developing, conducting, or participating in therapeutic training programs for Shire internal departments.
Skills and Requirements:
- Representing Medical Affairs at internal and external meetings.
- Presenting data on product / therapeutic area.
- Planning, designing and managing global medical Advisory Boards.
- Background in Immunology essential.
- Cross functional working experience.
- Experience of attending meetings and reporting back to the manager.
- Experience of executing a range of medical affairs tactics such as advisory boards.
- Medical affairs experience can come from a variety of disciplines including publications, medical communications etc.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Divya Mistry at 020 3814 1315 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.