Freelance Medical Affairs Manager Rare Disease
An industry leader in RNA interference is looking for a Freelance Medical Affairs Manager who specialises in Rare Diseases to join their team in Germany. This organisation has been recognised as one of the best places to work and excel.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Country Medical Affairs Plan and strategy, to support disease awareness, best clinical practice and the overall corporate objectives
- Identify key opinion leaders and cultivate a network of experts for the specific disease areas.
- Initiate and support high impact medical education activities, including congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker development programs; provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of advisory boards.
- Actively engage with CEMEA & Global Medical Affairs and other functions to ensure the effective local implementation of strategy and appropriate use of local market intelligence
- Collaborate with health care professionals to identify opportunities for the development of algorithms and guidelines to facilitate early diagnosis.
- Controlling budget assigned to its therapeutic area, drawing conclusions and taking decisions that allow the budget to be controlled and optimized under its responsibility
- Works in a compliant manner and contributes to the culture of the wider team in up-skilling compliance skills
Skills and Requirements
- MD (Medical Doctor) and/or PhD and/or equally academic qualified healthcare professional. Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is preferred.
- Demonstrated professional knowledge and skills in Medical Affairs and/or R&D in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent fluent and verbal English.
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Knowledge of aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.