Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Boonton, NJ.
- Conduct formulation and process development of tablets and capsules for internal and client-sponsored programs. Scale processes from benchtop to GMP manufacturing equipment for clinical trial material production.
- Apply knowledge of preformulation studies and physicochemical data needed to support formulation development.
- Work with members of Formulation Development and Manufacturing to prepare technical and clinical batches of products. Activities may include: conduct formulation development and process optimization studies, prepare batch records, conduct batch manufacturing and complete batch documentation as required.
- Works with Analytical Development, Manufacturing, QC, QA and other groups to ensure project requirements are met.
- Resolves technical issues, makes recommendations for various options that would solve the issue, including the preferred option.
- Works independently but collaboratively. Recognizes key issues likely to affect successful and/or timely completion of work and brings them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Executes technical activities involving active pharmaceutical ingredients that may be potent or hazardous while following appropriate safety procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- A highly motivated self-starter willing to try new and creative approaches.
- MS with about 5-7+ years of relevant experience in the formulation and process development of solid dosage forms, with a background in Formulation or Drug Delivery
- Experienced in typical tablet manufacturing processes: blending, wet and dry granulation, compression, in-process controls, and film coating.
- Prior experience with permeation enhancers or solubilization approaches is a plus
- Individual must have working knowledge of pharmaceutical raw materials such as functional and non-functional excipients used in the formulation of oral solids and other dosage forms
- Individual must have experience in general computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 505(b)2 development skills are desirable
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.