Downstream Process Scientist
An incredible vacancy has become available with a Microbiology organisation in search for a Downstream Process Scientist in the Netherlands.
Process development consists of a USP and a DSP department and is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities to produce clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments.
We are looking for a motivated Scientist within the field downstream process development.
You will represent DSP in multidisciplinary project team(s), being responsible for defining study approaches, in close connection to all relevant stakeholders. In order to develop the process, you translate research goals into actions and accomplish the targets by delivering study designs and study plans, analyse data and write or coordinate scientific study reports, all in close connection with the customer.
Skills and Requirements
- You have a PhD. in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or chemistry with at least 4 years of experience in the industry.
- You have experience with downstream process development using DoE, ideally with hands-on experience with DSP unit operations like IEX chromatography and UF/DF.
- Experience with scale-up/scale-down of DSP processes
- Experience with cGMP requirements.
- Demonstrated communication capabilities and the ability to bridge between production and development and between different development- and production sites
- Data-analysis & report writing
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.