Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Distribution Planner with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Rahway, NJ. Successful candidate will must a Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Support and work cross-functionally with Clinical Supply Planning, Master Planning, Clinical Operations, Country Clinical Operations, CMOs/CROs, Logistics, Regulatory, and Trade Compliance.
- Support and plan distribution for Clinical Trial Material utilizing approved depot networks. Perform initial distribution siting strategies for protocols. Communicate with all constituents and be the advocate for distribution strategy for clinical trials.
- Plan and perform initial distribution siting strategies for early phase and less complex studies or protocols.
- Ability to function in a team environment and pursue information when it is not readily available.
- Communicate with all constituents and be the advocate for said strategy.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of distribution siting strategies and update distribution plans.
- Partner with Clinical Supply Planning, Clinical Operations and Logistics to oversee and build distribution planning documents for clinical study protocols.
- Support the functional area expert (SME) on country shipping and trade compliance, distribution routes, country and global distribution challenges.
- Work with GCS, Logistics, Trade Operations, and Country Operations to manage and expedite shipments, customs clearance, and help develop process improvement programs for global distribution warehouse.
- Adherence to regulatory, global and site policies and procedures governing operations activities are critical.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
- 2 - 3 year's work experience (preferably in the clinical area).
- International Trade, International Economics/Finance, International Relations (preferred).
- Familiarity with international shipping paperwork, international shipments and custom agents.
- Experience with temperature control practices.
- SAP and ERP system experience.
- Experience with cGMP's.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Production, Formulation, Packaging, Clinical Supply Planning, Clinical Operations, Country Operations, CRO, Regulatory, Trade Compliance, Global Logistics and third-party providers.
- Ability to interact with management to advocate the distribution planning strategy.
- Familiarity with international supply chain constituents; brokers, freight forwarders, freight providers, carriers, CMOs/CROs, and depot/warehouse providers.
- Familiarity with clinical supply trial business, clinical supply packaging, kits and labeling activities, blinding activities, randomization for studies and the urgency of clinical distribution.
- Experience with international shipping and the understanding of international distribution channels and strategy (i.e. country/regional depots vs. direct-to-site).
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Web Applications, ERP systems (SAP, JDE).
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.