Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director/Senior Director of Clinical Research for a growing biotechnology company located in New York, NY. Successful candidate will provide leadership to the program by setting and executing the clinical development strategy and leading the program team.
- Lead the clinical development of the Company's asset(s), and execute efficient, high quality therapeutic programs. Lead project teams to successful implementation of clinical studies, ensuring Good Clinical Practice is followed, timelines and budgets are met.
- Serve as the company's internal therapeutic area expert.
- As applicable design/inform the clinical development strategy for US and EU registration, as well as specific details for study design, utilizing a combination of internal and external expertise. Identify clinically meaningful endpoints and study design for novel therapeutic targets.
- Represent the company as an external-facing expert in discussions with clinical/scientific thought leaders in academia and advocacy groups.
- Translate findings (both existing and new) from research and pre-clinical studies into clinical development opportunities and provide input into the future design of studies
- Present new data at key scientific and clinical meetings in the form of oral and poster presentations
- Make meaningful contributions to the company's business development strategy.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD or MD/PhD (PhD-only candidates with truly outstanding credentials may be considered.)
- Deep understanding of CNS or neuromuscular disorders.
- 5+ years of clinical development experience in relevant areas (CNS, Rare Disease, gene therapy). Board certification or specialization in Neurology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics desired.
- Relevant experience as a clinical investigator/physician scientist in academia, or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent and respected working relationships with external contacts, including key thought leaders, and investigators.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in cross functional teams; with experience leading teams.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated problem solving skills and creative solutions.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Phil Sawyer at (+1) 617-545-5923 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.