Director of Antibody Engineering
A vacancy has arisen for The Director of Protein Engineering at a global pharmaceutical company. The postholder will oversee the biologic therapeutics across all areas and contribute to the strategy and direction of the team.
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team to perform ground breaking research in biologics discovery and new technology development.
- Interact and collaborate with leaders and teams across various therapy areas on pipeline delivery and new technology development.
- Develop and manage operating budget.
- Build an environment that values innovation, scientific excellence, collaboration, speak up culture, and inclusion/diversity.
- Provide growth, career development and carry out performance management for staff.
- As a part of the Senior Leadership Team, actively contribute to the overall strategy and direction, and undertake specific leadership assignments representing the team, as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in relevant scientific field
- PhD in scientific field is desirable
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the discovery, optimization, and characterization of therapeutic antibodies
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- He/she must be an excellent communicator and highly effective in interacting with key internal and external partners.
- The candidate must be a great teammate and builder, and have great organizational skill.
- The successful candidate must have a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.