A leading Swiss pharmaceutical company are currently looking to hire a Data Scientist to be based at their site in Basel. The company employ over 100,000 professionals and have operations in more than 140 countries worldwide. This [position] job is an exciting opportunity to join one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies in their Biometrics team.
- Using technical knowledge to qualify customer needs, assist/support customer requirements, and shorten sales cycle.
- Supporting customers through hands-on trial support and optimisation to enable customers to select the right product and achieve their expected results.
- Providing technical support to local sales team and helping them qualify and close orders through established customer's technical acceptance of the superiority of company products.
- Coordinating activities with Sales Reps.
- Gathering and communicating information on customer product pipeline, market trends, applications, and competitive activities to global Marketing Team.
- Contributing to the rapid growth and expansion of the portfolio consistent with SSB strategy and goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Technical experience on Spark, distributed ML / DL, Python / R libraries, TensorFlow, docker container, and/or ML algorithm.
- Strong computer science background with automation/integration is plus.
- Basic understanding of genomics and bioinformatics.
- An understanding of the difference between ML Runtimes, which includes Spark, and a number of common libraries bundled with it.
- Able to compile, install, and manage configuration of Machine Learning libraries and technologies (Esp. python and R languages, and esp. CUDA, NCCL, XGBoost, TensorFlow).
- Able to install and manage configuration of Machine Learning tools and technologies using docker container solution.
- Understand the distributed ML/DL algorithms and be able to tune and test the algorithms with scalability based on the use case.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Magenis at +44 203 854 1050 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.