Crystallisation Development Scientist
We are seeking a Crystallisation Development Scientist to support the development of the crystallisation processes. This role is based in Kent, at a successful pharmaceutical organisation.
- Support crystallization, isolation and drying process development activities of the group through laboratory experiments
- Conduct analysis of product samples for key physical properties including powder X-ray diffraction, optical microscopy, laser diffraction and other relevant techniques.
- -Support of technical initiatives that may involve the design, installation, repair, and maintenance of specialised laboratory equipment.
- To adhere to all client standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies. To remain in compliance with Pfizer standards and training requirements.
- To plan own workload with reference to priorities set by the work lead.
- To clearly communicate issues, results and plans with project lead, in project meetings and with other team members.
- To keep an accurate up to date laboratory notebook including interpretation or results, conclusions and next steps
- Understands and accepts their primary role in career development
- Seeks appropriate data and utilizes available problem solving tools before making decisions
- Builds long-term relationships with clients by understanding and anticipating their current and future needs.
Skills and Requirements
- A degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
- Has a strong knowledge of chemistry or chemical engineering with demonstrated strong performance in a laboratory setting.
- Works collaboratively with experienced staff to carry out experiments using automated lab reactors
- Ability plan own work effectively, summarize results from a series of experiments, identify trends and propose follow-up experiments
- Ability to communicate results at team discussions and through clear, concise written reports.
- Ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
- Experience with the scale-up of chemical processes as well as PAT techniques are a plus.
- Good learning aptitude / ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.