Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Computational Biologist with a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Raleigh, NC. As the Computational Biologist, you will be responsible for providing bioinformatic and programming support to translational medicine and biomarker programs across all assets.
- Execute computational analysis of biomarker data
- Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling, genome annotation (genetic characteristics or expression)
- Analyze and interpret large molecular datasets such as raw microarray data, flow cytometry data, and proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes
- Proactively troubleshoot and creatively resolve analytical challenges in collaboration with team
- Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, proteomic, or post-genomic databases
- Effectively manage day-to-day data from third party vendors for biomarker studies
- Lead the bioinformatics analysis plans for biomarker programs across assets
- Assist in writing/reviewing SOPs, posters, presentations, internal/external documents
- Follow SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regard to documentation and scientific responsibility
- Regular participation in, and presentation at research group and project team meetings
- Other duties assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in a scientific discipline (bioinformatics, computational biology, biological sciences, or a related field)
- Familiarity with human and mammalian genomics, standard genomic databases (UCSC, Ensembl, NCBI, cBioportal), formats, and tools
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills in SAS (preferred) or R
- Documented hands-on experience with large-scale genomic data (e.g. whole genome sequencing, exome-seq, target enrichment, amplicon sequencing, RNA-seq, etc.)
- Documented hands-on experience processing, analyzing, and interpreting high volumes of clinical biomarker and translational data such as flow cytometry, cfDNA, and CTC analyses
- Oncology therapeutic area experience required
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems and seek solutions in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues associated with data analysis and interpretation
- Must be adaptable, accountable, enthusiastic, and have a strong work ethic
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.