A leading global biopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Communications Specialist with their company in the UK. The organisation is at the forefront of research to advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and communities around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading company that operates in over 140 companies.
- Monitor and provide support across the range of policy environments in which MSD Operates, keeping senior leaders, and managers up to date and aware of key issues and developments relevant to MSD and the healthcare Market.
- Assist the "policy communications and government relations team" to provide political and policy guidance across the "business and external affairs team."
- Provide support and coordination on industry group engagement ABPI and APG, including the association of British Pharmaceuticals association (ABPI), American Pharmaceutical group (APG), as well as other industry group activities.
- Supporting the management of key stakeholders, coordination of meetings, logging of interactions/materials, management and developing of briefing materials for key meetings/engagement opportunities.
- Supporting and managing visits from senior global colleagues, including the development of briefing materials and the arranging of suitable stakeholder meetings.
- Understanding the regulatory environment in which MSD operates and assisting in application of relevant compliance procedures and training for the business.
- Attending key conferences and events on behalf of MSD, build networks, and contacts, and provide briefings after the events.
- Manage relationships with defined external stakeholders, such as think-tanks, keys offices of senior ministers, and officials etc.
- Monitor the development of the relevant EU and international political and policy environment and interact with our policy and unit as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree level.
- Some experience of working within a policy or public affairs department or agency and ideally, within the pharmaceutical and/or health sector.
- Good understanding of and interest in the UK political and policy environment, particularly in the area of health and the commercial policy or pharmaceutical area more specifically.
- Good research, briefing material preparation, and market monitoring skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lily Zhao at +86 21 51694106 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.