Clinical Scientist - Early Phase Oncology
An opportunity has opened for an experienced Clinical Scientist to work on Early Oncology Development at an ambitious biotech company in Cambridge. You will become an important part of the Project Team, working harmoniously with program and study level clinical lead/study physician as the specialist in medical scientific aspects of the compound and its development.
- Act as clinical lead or support the clinical lead in clinical science aspects of the program
- Assists the clinical lead for clinical input to the clinical development plan (CDP) at all stages of the program
- Leads/co-leads/supports (with Translational and Bioscience Leads) the science-to-man sub team to integrate the biology, translational and clinical science into the program strategy
- Leads (or supports) development of recommendations on further development strategies to internal committees
- Leads (or supports, as required) the preparation of clinical and other data for governance and other presentations
- Leads or supports the development and review of content and quality of publications and inputs to development of the publication strategy
- Leads, approves or provides input for the protocols, amendments, and other relevant strategic documents. Acts as lead clinical reviewer for Clinical Study Reports
- Attends (in person or by TC) the Site Initiation Visits, to present the study design and protocol
- Leads the compilation & interpretation of the data for and from the dose escalation committee/safety review committee, in collaboration with the program physician
- Leads the development and implementation of the externally sponsored collaborative research (ESCR) strategy for a programme. The clinical scientist is the link between the project team and all external clinical research for the programme. For preclinical external research proposals, co-leads with the Bioscience Lead.
- Identifies and manages risks within the ESCR portfolio, raises quality issues through the appropriate channels, maintains communications with key clients partners as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant Clinical or Biomedical Ph.D. or relevant Pharmacy, Nursing, MSc/MRes degree
- Clinical drug development or medical research experience demonstrated within a pharmaceutical/biotech or academic environment
- Advanced understanding of clinical practice across tumour types and how clinical practice is evolving with the introduction of new therapies. .
- Proven ability in problem solving and issues management that is solution focused
- Experience in collaborating externally in terms of clear requirements for collaborative contracts, influencing delivery and scientific engagement.
- Ability to support and mentor junior team members
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jack O'Neill at 0203 846 0646 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv