Clinical Sample Scientist
An exciting home- based opportunity in Royston has become available for a Clinical Sample Scientist. You will be responsible for the management of clinical laboratory collection.
- Provide appropriate operational contribution to the inclusion of laboratory testing of human biological specimens into clinical programmes and trials
- Ensure all the laboratory components within planning operational delivery documents are accurate and fit for purpose
- Oversee delivery of laboratory services and data from external providers at a study level
- Provide business oversight of external laboratory budgets at a study level
- Provide rapid, regular and frequent updates of all activities to senior management within R&D and other functions within AstraZeneca as required
- Contribute to clinical laboratory training & education and to maintenance of relevant SOPs, guidelines, and templates
- Support clinical study teams in the delivery of laboratory requirements
- Can be assigned to specific tasks across CSBS as subject matter experts
- This list is not exhaustive and other tasks in line with the role might be assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Degree (or relevant equivalent qualification) in relevant area, or equivalent industry experience.
- Agile responsiveness to scientific data
- Clinical Laboratory scientific experience
- Experience in more than one company or country
- Proven experience in oversight of external partners, especially clinical laboratory service providers
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.