Clinical Biomarker Principal Scientist
Proclinical are partnering with a biotech organisation who are recruiting for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in France. The opening position currently available is for a Clinical Biomarker Principal Scientist.
- Oversee clinical execution and validation of biomarkers.
- Assist the translational team in outlining the translational method to lead the clinical biomarker method using ground-breaking technologies.
- Execute biomarker plans for clinical trials into clinical study documentation such as protocols, SoA, lab manual, etc.
- You will select the most pertinent technical method to fulfil the biomarker targets which are FACS, tissue imaging, genomics, proteomics, etc.
- Outline clinical biomarker methods and form biomarker plans for target engagement, pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action, and patient selection, collaborating with asset lead and therapeutic areas.
- Expect the requirement for companion diagnostic and adapt biomarker method accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a life science field, ideally within oncology or immuno-oncology.
- Willing to travel for business needs up to 5% of the time.
- A mixture of education and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrable experience within drug development in a pharmaceutical or biotech organisation handling early phase clinical biomarkers.
- Fluency in both French and English.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Comprehension of the role of translational science and clinical biomarkers within drug development.
- Familiarity within the suitable application of multiple scientific technologies into translational research methods.
- Acquaintance with NGS and its implementation for companion diagnostics.
- Prior involvement within companion diagnostic development and approval.
- Able to work well within a fast-paced setting as well as in or leading a matrix team.
- Capable of identifying, articulating, and accepting calculated risks to take notified decisions.
- Know-how of all functional areas of drug development, which involves pharmacology, toxicology, clinical development, clinical operation, quality assurance, diagnostic development, etc.
- Scientific insight and mechanistic comprehension of disease biology.
- Able to think analytically as well as resolve issues.
- Interpersonal abilities with the capacity to write scientifically.
- Past involvement with clinical/lab practices.
- Familiarity working with CROs.
- A keen learner who wants to enhance their knowledge.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sam Kennaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.