Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Chemist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA.
- Protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- Responsibilities, under the supervision of a senior scientist, include developing economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies.
- Perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- May also supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biology, biochemical engineering, or a related field is required with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques.
- Laboratory experience with purification unit operations and techniques, chromatography workstations as well biological assays are preferred.
- Strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- Must have a strong desire to work at the laboratory bench
- Good Lab Practices
- Knowledge of basic chemistry
- Ability to problem solve/reason through challenges
- Working knowledge of MS Office
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.