Cheminformatics Product Manager
Proclinical are partnered with a scientific software firm offering a modern chemical simulation software development for use in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and materials research.
You will be a key player in the Enterprise Informatics team, taking the lead in shaping the design, execution, and future plans for their cutting-edge drug discovery platform. The Product Managers play a crucial role in ensuring that the engineering teams remain organised, goal-driven, and aligned with the scientific objectives of the product. This role provides the chance to shape the business trajectory and scientific capabilities of our platforms by bridging the gaps between technical, scientific, and commercial aspects. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in the collaborative development of software for drug discovery, with a specific focus on cheminformatics.
- Take charge of and oversee the cheminformatics components of our enterprise platform, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with scientific and technical teams to strategize and lead the development of model-supported design through user stories and workflow definition.
- Guide the continuous feedback loop from customers and our internal drug discovery group.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, solutions architects, and customer-facing teams to ensure the optimal implementation of product designs.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- An enthusiast in small molecule drug discovery eager to innovate the next wave of enterprise tools for the global pharmaceutical industry.
- A team-oriented software developer specializing in collaborative drug discovery, particularly in cheminformatics, and equipped with practical experience using computational tools to identify novel therapeutics.
- A medicinal chemist with a mindset geared towards continuous learning.
- A B.Sc. in a life science is desired, (M.Sc. or Ph.D. is preferred).
- A minimum of five years of expertise in a small molecule drug discovery-related sector of the life sciences. Ideally focused on data-centric software or development of cheminformatics software.
- A collaborative spirit and interest in continuing to evolve the field of integrative technologies supporting the drug discovery process.
- An understanding of data structure used in drug discovery (for example assay and modeling data).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Erin Blank at +44 203 398 6640.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.