Cell Model Generation Scientist
Two powerful pharmaceutical organisations have joined forced to forge a world leading centre in Cambridge, and they are looking for a talented Cell Model Generation Scientist to work in an exciting and vibrant environment. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience across both companies.
- Lab-based scientists responsible for generating complex cell models using advanced gene editing techniques
- Working independently and creatively to design, develop and implement the generation of cell models for pooled screening
- To implement experimental plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature
- To contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made.
- As a senior scientist you will lead aspects of scientific discipline within the team
- To achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at department or functional meetings.
- External scientific visibility through poster and oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
- To ensure compliance with local safety, health and environment policies
Skills and Requirements
- PhD in a relevant subject (e.g. cell biology, genetics, functional genomics), or BSc with significant industry experience.
- Strong experience in cell and molecular biology, including stable cell line generation, gene knockout/validation (TIDE etc), cloning and NGS sequencing.
- Background in oncology with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships and work well in a team.
- Demonstrable commitment, enthusiasm and a passion for self-improvement and learning
- Track record of impactful contributions to scientific research
- Proven ability to drive innovative research through internalisation of new techniques and technologies
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jenni Woolley on 02039670935 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.