Cell Culture Biologist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Cell Culture Biologist for a global biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will join the teams working on a new cell line development platform based on targeted integration, as well as other process optimization and cell line characterization studies.
A strong candidate will have Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab, with clear and accurate documentation.
- Develop and characterize CHO (Chines Hamster Ovary) cell lines within project timelines using both established and novel techniques.
- Optimize methods as required to meet project goals.
- Extensive cell culture work as needed to generate, maintain, evaluate, and preserve many suspension cell lines in parallel.
- Work both independently and as a member of collaborative teams.
- Effectively utilize standard software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Electronic Lab notebook applications).
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, documentation, safety, appropriate handling of materials, and GxP compliance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters in Biological Sciences and at least 1-2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: biopharmaceutical industry, recombinant cell line development (transfection, selection, cloning), genetic engineering (e.g., CRISPR Knock-Out/Knock-Ins, Cre/Lox, ZFN), flow cytometry/FACS, recombinant protein production, and/or related skills.
- In-depth experience in mammalian cell culture/aseptic technique.
- Proven track record in one or more of the following: cell culture/aseptic technique, cell line development, CHO cells, genetic engineering (e.g., CRISPR knock-out/knock-in, homologous recombination, targeted integration, cre/lox, frt/flp); flow cytometry/FACS; genetic characterization (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, NGS), expression vector design.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and demonstrated skills and productivity in laboratory research.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended times in the laboratory.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.