Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Calibration Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- To act as an Ambassador for the Standards Lab to the client at all times.
- To have an understanding of how to work in a laboratory environment.
- Clean and service pipettes to the approved in-house standard.
- Maintain records of pipettes serviced in Maximo asset management system.
- Ensure correct health and safety practice is adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for proper use of precision measurement equipment at all times.
- Ensure targets are achieved.
- Comply with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Identify issues and implement troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid production downtime.
- Closely monitor systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School/GED is required. Technical school completion/certification preferred.
- At least 1-2 years prior technical experience in area(s) of specialty with basic knowledge of systems described.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements for cGMP Lab a plus.
- Ability to work with very small components.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and handle technical enquiries, speaking with customers and problem solving.
- Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn Calibry pipette calibration software.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Perform the testing, adjusting, repairs and calibration of pipettes.
- Deals with precision, dispensing, weighing equipment etc.
- Calibrate 10/15 pipettes a day.
- Potential travel required from site to site to pick up pipettes.
- Close knit group - looking for a TEAM PLAYER to come in and add value.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.