Business Development Director - Malaysia
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a (Senior) Business Development Director for an international healthcare marketing agency located in Kuala Lumpur. This role will report to the Executive Vice President, the (Senior) Business Development Director is responsible for leading the team in securing and retaining client accounts through professional, consultative sales activities and shaping best in class, multi-channel solutions that exceed client expectations.
Our client is a top market player with a long-term commitment to providing life-changing ideas that improve the health of humanity across APAC. The company harnesses their passion for empowering healthcare professionals to improve patient outcomes by facilitating knowledge exchange and better decision-making.
- P&L management of assigned strategic business unit(s) to achieve revenue and profit growth targets and associated key performance indicators.
- Lead overall strategic account planning / business development activities, identifying growth opportunities to achieve full potential of target client accounts
- Develop consultative relationships and a deep client understanding to enable you to proactively champion and promote multi-channel solutions that exceed client expectations and drive account growth
- Develop and deliver best in class new business pitches, in conjunction with other members of the team, and ensure proposals are innovative and relevant
- Manage client and procurement negotiations to establish Master Services Agreements and preferred supplier status with key accounts whilst also maintaining profitability
- Propose new product / solution development through maintaining a broad understanding of market trends and client needs
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between offices to leverage business ideas and successes
- Oversee business and internal operations/delivery teams (direct and indirect/matrix management) to develop and deliver strategic and impactful solutions for the clients
- Lead, motivate and coach the team to exceed client expectations and meet business/financial targets
- Set clear goals and expectations for direct line reports
- Undertake regular performance, training, and career development reviews with team members
- Provide training as required for new and existing staff to meet THE COMPANY standards and to address training and development needs
- Work closely together with the other team leaders to form the leadership team for the division
Skills and Requirements
- At least 8 years' sales, marketing, business development or key account management ideally in pharmaceutical/healthcare, agency, or media industry
- Sales/marketing experience in multi-channel marketing solutions or digital media is mandatory
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented with a demonstrable track record of success
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to persuade at all levels across internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially minded with the ability to identify and capitalise on business opportunities
- High level strategic and financial acumen
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills with attention to detail
- Strong scientific curiosity with a university degree (BSc, MSc, PhD, MBA) in a scientific or business subject preferred
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.