A fast growing Biotech is seeking a talented and proactive Biostatistician to join their Translational Science team to develop and deliver analyses that turn exploratory hypotheses into actionable insights from our clinical trials. The Biostatistics role will be pivotal for delivering robust statistical analyses to evaluate exploratory hypotheses in our Translational Science program.This is a unique opportunity to join a company in an exciting start-up phase that has the ability to transform the clinical management of cancer.
- Work within the multidisciplinary Translational Science team and forge strong links with other teams at Achilles to facilitate best practice for the analysis of our biological datasets.
- Model and integrate biological datasets from a variety of sources (e.g. NGS, proteomics and Flow Cytometry) to evaluate our existing hypotheses and guide the future direction of the Translational project.
Skills and Requirements
- Recent PhD (or MSc and 2+ years of relevant work experience) in Biostatistics, or Bioinformatics with a high component of statistical training
- Demonstrable experience in handling, modelling and drawing inferences from large volumes of biological datasets
- Authorship on high-quality papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated fluency in either R or Python
- Knowledge of UNIX based operating systems and prior use of cloud computing resources
- Very strong communication skills in order to convey statistical analyses
- Exceptional time management agility to manage concurrent projects
- A clear ability to develop robust data analyses to fixed timescales
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.