Biosample Laboratory Associate
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Biosample Laboratory Associate to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel. The organisation is known internationally for their work in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and their focus on scientific advancement. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
- Following all applicable controlled documents (e.g. SOPs, working instructions, and working documents), all relevant sample handling, storage, and sample processing activities, while adhering to GCP lab guidelines and local health & safety rules.
- Maintaining a tidy and organised working environment in laboratory work areas.
- Completing, filing, and archiving all relevant study documentation according to the applicable controlled documents.
- Communicating and collaborating with Sample Information and Business Services in regard to sample requests and sample discrepancies so that high quality sample and associated data are provided to researchers.
- Escalating issues to local supervisor or Sr. BLA as appropriate, to obtain guidance and direction.
- Responsible for supporting the Sr. BLA in implementing new processes, systems, and SOPs/guidance
- Ensuring accurate freezer inventories.
- Overseeing freezer management activities (e.g. temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, monitoring freezer space, organisation).
- Checking and replenishing stocks for commonly used material for sample handling, sample shipping, and sample processing, as appropriate.
- Receiving study samples via the receiving dept. and/or couriers into BRM Operations, including unpacking and checking of received samples.
- Accessioning samples into sample management databases.
- Managing samples according to protocol requirements and BRM Operations best practices.
- Setting up and preparing outbound shipping requests and related documents within agreed timelines and according to the applicable transport regulations.
- Distributing samples to internal lab and the tracking of confirmation of delivery sample shipments to external analytical laboratories.
- Destroying samples in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Conducting manual and/or automated sample aliquoting for various sample types, e.g. serum/plasma/urine/DNA/RNA.
- Conducting DNA/RNA extraction activities from various clinical sample types.
- Conducting in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples.
- Importing processed samples into LIMS.
- Supporting method development, qualification, and implementation of laboratory instruments
- Conducting laboratory process optimization, proof-of-concept, and/or validation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate Degree in science or equivalent recognized qualification; a BS or MS is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar sample handling and processing laboratory environment.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques applied in a pharmaceutical/biotech company or academic environment.
- Demonstrable experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples.
- Demonstrable experience in molecular techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, Picogreen & Ribogreen quantitation, PCR, and RT-PCR.
- Knowledge of the collection, processing, storage requirements for different sample types.
- Experience in utilising a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation.
- Experience in communication with vendors, customers, and peers.
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of nucleic acid handling and analysis.
- Prior experience with Micro Array, Whole Genome Sequencing, and DNA next generation sequencing (NGS).
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing.
- Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Luke Saner at +44 3300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.