Proclinical is currently recruiting for an HPLC Biologist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA.
- Involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- Execute high through put scale down robotic purification from early stage to late stage for cross function groups, viral clearance, process characterization, and continuous process improvement studies, performing basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
- Develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies.
- Perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- Possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- Supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 0-5+ (BS) or 0-2+ (MS) years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques
- Laboratory experience with purification unit operations and techniques, biological assays, as well as experience with scale down robotic Robocolum chromatography in a fast-paced high throughput setting
- Experience with Akta chromatography and Tecan or similar robotics purification.
- Basic biological scientific understanding
- Routine lab technics like calculating and making chemical solutions and pipetting
- Understanding of characterization (UV, SDS-PAGE, HPLC analytical), chromatography, filtration and separation techniques
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.