Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist II, Protein Purification with a pharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development. Responsibilities, under the supervision of a Senior Scientist.
- Perform routine bioanalytical sample preparation, assay execution to support pre-clinical PK and PK/PD studies
- Assist to prepare samples from tissues, cells and biofluids for proteomics studies via LC-MS
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot one or more LC-mass spectrometers (e.g., Thermo QExactive-series, Thermo Lumos-series, triple quadrupole, Triple-TOF) and HPLC systems for peptide separation and analysis is preferred
- Prepare detailed documents describing procedures and results
- Develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks
- Perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development
- As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in analytical science, chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, biology, or related technical discipline with typically 1+ (MS), or 0+ (PhD) years of relevant experience. Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting or academic core lab is preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or with minimum supervision
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Able to respond quickly to shift priorities and able to multitask
- Present data and analysis in written and oral form to leaders or collaborators
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bioanalytical lab experience of LC/MS analysis on small molecule, peptide and protein
- Experience in sample preparation and method development for proteomics studies
- Proven experience with operation, calibration, and maintenance of MS instruments and interpretation of data
- Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and method development of HPLCs and mass spectrometers is a plus (e.g., Thermo QExactive-series, Thermo Lumos-series, triple quadrupole, Triple-TOF)
- Strong background in theory and fundamentals of mass spectrometry
- Solid LC-MS background and expertise in proteomics methodologies. Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry, nano-LC fluidics, and data processing with various software. Experience with PRM/SRM and DDA/DIA quantification
- Immunoaffinity purification hybrid LC/MS workflow is a plus. Experience with lab automation is a plus
- Knowledge of analytical tools used for protein data and ability to independently perform advanced analyses of complex proteomics data (e.g. mass spectrometry)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.