Biologist - III
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist - III position with a national biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will be working in a highly dynamic group to provide upstream process support for a variety of small molecule programs across different therapeutic areas in discovery. The candidate should have extensive protein expression experience and be proficient in all standard bioprocess and aseptic technique. Hands-on experience in small scale protein purification and characterization is also highly desirable. Experience with isotopic labeling for NMR studies is a plus.
- Develops and executes cell culture process in shake flasks and bench-scale bioreactors. Authoring associated technical reports and documents.
- Ensures that experiments are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, as well as executed effectively. Handle issues with a sense of urgency when required.
- Continuously drive for improved process performance. Provides scientific insight to overcome issues (i.e., solubility, purity, heterogeneity, yield).
- Explore and evaluate novel technologies to advance the fermentation platform.
- Work independently with team spirit. Accountable for technical performance and results of the team.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or other relevant biological sciences with 2+ years of relevant academic and/or industry experience.
- Extensive experience in protein expression using E.coli., baculoviruses, and mammalian systems, cell culture in support of assay development, biophysical studies, and structural studies.
- Good problem-solving skills. Capable of finding the root cause of problems and solve them with innovative ways.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build open and collaborative relationships in a multidisciplinary environment are essential.
- Good record keeping and able to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to perform small scale protein purification and characterization experiments (SDS-PAGE, western blot, HPLC, thermal shift assay).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Brendan Thalheimer at (+1) 215-531-5299 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.