Biological Sample Management Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biological Sample Management Associate with a biotechnology company located in Santa Monica, CA. A successful candidate will have experience with LIMS, biological samples, and knowledge of GCPs and GLPs.
- Assist in the management of drug substance and drug product analytical testing at contract laboratories
- Oversee and manage the biological sample management requirements of several clinical trials within and across development programs
- Understand GCLP requirements
- Accession and inventory all specimen coming into the lab
- Assist Translational Medicine Scientists by pulling samples required for analysis
- Maintain inventory across multiple critical equipment Temperature controlled units
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations and Translational Sciences on biological sample management tracking and issue resolution
- Understand the Translational Sciences biomarker sample analysis plans and coordinates across multiple clinical programs
- Basic understanding of sample collection, processing protocols and shipping conditions
- Understand and has ability to navigate various central laboratory sample management systems to enable generation of sample inventory reports for tracking and placing sample orders
- Understand and has ability to navigate the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Will assist in the implementation of newer LIMS
- Understand program specific deliverables (eg, analysis, data cut-off timelines) and collaborates with the study teams on development of study specific timelines for laboratory sample analysis and data transfer
- Attend study team meetings as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences (preferred but not required)
- 2-3 years of industry sample management experience or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of clinical trial conduct
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Laboratory Information Management Systems; ability to navigate and learn systems (eg, central laboratory system)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-564 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.