Bio Sample Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bio Sample Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Track shipments containing biological specimens using courier tracking systems and departmental software and provide status updates to respective manufacturing and research teams accordingly.
- Receive and log biological specimens in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Inspect and verify contents of packages for specimen quality, appropriate shipping conditions and documentation accuracy.
- Store incoming specimens at the appropriate temperature as indicated in the respective biospecimen management plans.
- Identify discrepancies and data enter discrepancy details and resolution in sample management system.
- Data enter and/or upload specimen information from requisition forms, processing worksheets and shipment manifests into the sample management system and/or laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Retrieve specimens from inventory as requested by research and clinical teams for testing, return, or destruction.
- Package and prepare clinical specimens for outbound shipment as needed.
- Maintain packaging material/supply levels and order additional supplies as needed.
- Maintain storage for hardcopy and electronic copies of specimen documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Perform inventory audits to ensure specimen and data accuracy.
- Maintain the shared electronic departmental workspace.
- Follow established company standard operating procedures (SOPS).
- May participate in departmental meetings.
- May participate in special projects and/or assignments as requested by Sr. Manager/Sr. Director.
Skills and Requirements:
- AA/AS, BA/BS or equivalent degree in a scientific or healthcare related field.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a laboratory setting preferably a GLP, GMP or regulated facility.
- Basic understanding of general biological specimen collection and storage processes is preferred.
- Experience receiving and accessioning biological specimens is preferred.
- IATA training in transportation of biological specimens is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to change activities and directions quickly and respond to a variety of assignments and changing business needs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Customer-service oriented.
- Proficient in computer usage including Microsoft Office, database usage (e.g. data entry), and internet functions (e.g. navigating web-based tracking platforms).
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP, GCP, ICH and general FDA guidelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with Good Documentation Practices (GDP) is a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.