Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bench Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Collegeville, PA.
- Ensure that current and future automation is appropriately used to deliver value to projects. Accordingly, this person will implement innovative automated platforms and workflows in collaboration with various US-based scientific functions.
- Successfully utilize the automation assets for rapid screening and development in order to reduce design selection risks and enhance product design across all phases of pharmaceutical development.
- Develop appropriate automation protocols to meet the needs of the analysts, chemists, engineers and formulation scientists.
- Conduct high throughput automated experiments, exploring both the physical properties of materials, excipients of pharmaceutical relevance and chemical reactions of synthetic intermediates.
- Write protocols for new automation workflows primarily using Unchained Labs LEA Library Studio and Automation Studio.
- Participate on multidisciplinary project teams, and collaborate with colleagues to define and implement development strategies according to project timelines.
- Organize, evaluate, and present data in an effective and scientific manner.
- Ensure the local capability to rapidly leverage existing laboratory automation in order to reduce timelines that address design selection issues with drug development.
- Identify and recommend processes and technologies that achieve more efficient and cost effective data and knowledge management.
- Lead the definition and embedding of underpinning developability data standards for automation.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and data integrity regulations.
- Broad knowledge of analytical HPLC method development in support of pharmaceutical development focused in areas of developability and pre-formulation.
- Proficient in, and demonstrates, highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Team player and ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and diagnosing problems in a variety of analytical instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with multiple internal and external groups to successfully deliver scientific projects.
- Broad knowledge base and active member of the analytical or formulation community.
- High learning agility with the ability and desire to deal effectively with first-time situations or changing conditions.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical design of experiments and analysis of results.
- Knowledge of solid state analytical methods such as microscopy, Raman, XRD, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate, test, and troubleshoot analytical instruments.
- Proven ability to translate scientific processes to new platforms and to identify new application areas.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum BS in chemistry/engineering/pharmaceutics/biology or related scientific field.
- Preferred MS in similar scientific disciplines.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.