Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bench Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to assist with the development of immunological assays.
- Responsible for designing, developing, qualifying and implementing analytical methods based on biochemical or immunological methodology.
- Responsible for writing the assay SOP's and development/qualification reports.
- Troubleshoot assays when they fail to meet performance specifications.
- Interpret the data and communicate experimental results through internal meetings, email, reports and to accurately record experimental results in laboratory notebooks.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment and ensuring that it functions correctly and safely and complies with applicable maintenance procedures (safety, SOPs, and administrative).
- Perform all duties with supervision, which will depend on your experience.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related scientific field.
- Expertise in molecular biology and immunoassay development
- Experience with at least 2+ years' experience with one of the following biochemical techniques: ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, 2-D DIGE, or Western blot.
- Experience with computer software packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to design, develop and qualify analytical methods based on biochemical and/or immunological methodologies with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with most of the following biochemical techniques, including: ELISA, quantitative PCR, SDS-PAGE, and Western blot is preferred.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical upstream and downstream process development.
- Practical experience with laboratory automation, specifically regarding programming liquid handling systems.
- Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to bioanalytical data interpretation is preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.