Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer with a pharmaceutical company located in Brisbane, CA. The Automation Engineering team is expanding to support rapid growth in the area of transplantation. The Staff Lab Automation Engineer will work as part of the Automation Engineering Team developing, validating, implementing, optimizing, and supporting complicated integrated systems for our commercial laboratories. The successful Staff Lab Automation Engineer will be integral to the success of projects from conception to completion.
- Develop high throughput automation processes with concepts of turnaround time optimization, reproducibility, and human-robot interaction minimization
- Work with automation engineering team to design, develop, and build integrated automation platforms for improved usability and serviceability
- Mentor Automation Engineers and provide training to users for new methods, and new user training
- Experience with system control software and scheduler for integrated automation platforms is not required but nice to have
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS in Molecular Biology, Engineering, or Life Science
- A minimum 10 years of experience in developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing liquid handling (Agilent VWorks, Hamilton Venus, Beckman FX) and other automated instrumentation
- Proven mentorship experience
- Experienced in complex system integration, robotic arms, and automation scheduling software (Overlord, GreenButtonGo, Momentum, Cellario, etc.
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment. Including the following; design control, performing verification and validation studies and experience with process development
- General-purpose programming languages are nice to have (e.g VB/VBA/VBS, Python, Perl, R, C++/C#), SQL, and NGS related software and computational tools
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment supporting both manufacturing operations and regulated diagnostic laboratories
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.