Associate Scientist/Study Director, Virology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist/Study Director for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will demonstrate innovative technical knowledge and significantly contribute to the overall operations of the Virology Department.
- Effectively communicate and defend science through written and verbal communication.
- Provide training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
- Conduct and direct assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately complete batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- As assigned by Management, act as Study Director for specific assays and assume all associated responsibilities.
- Train new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interact with clients as required.
- Schedule lab work.
- Perform assays using appropriate lab techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Work on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize
deviation from accepted practice is required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree with a major in Biological Sciences or other science related
- 4 years' or more experience 2+ years of specialized training in laboratory techniques
- PhD graduate with relevant Viral or Virology experience
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of GLP and cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate
laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave)
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situations
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve technical problems
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.