Associate Scientist mRNA
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientific Associate of Molecular and Cell Biology with in vivo Experience with a leading life science group located Boston, MA. As the Scientific Associate, you will participate in the early R&D of innovative therapies for patients with serious diseases.
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including mammalian cell culture, transfection, cell-based assays and analysis.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology and biochemical techniques including cloning, sequencing, qPCR/bDNA, mRNA/DNA analysis, plate-based assays and protein biochemistry.
- Processing and analysis (RNA, DNA, protein) of in vivo samples (e.g. serum, liver, muscle tissue) from rodents or other relevant species.
- Apply immunological and immuno-histochemical protocols to monitor phenotypic changes of primary cells or animal tissues.
- Streamline the laboratory work-flow to increase throughput and shorten turnaround times using liquid handling or programmable robotic platforms.
- Collect, analyze and document experimental data.
- Present the final results to team members and line manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in biology or related discipline and 7+ years of relevant research experience
- PhD in biology or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant research experience
- Proficiency in the relevant areas of cell, molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Ability to move projects forward and produce data on time.
- Capacity to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to work independently as part of a very collaborative, international team.
- Prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, in particular the therapeutic application of siRNA, miRNA, mRNA, or CRISPR/CAS technologies.
- Experience with animal studies and RNA delivery concepts.
- Patents or publications, if possible.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.